Own this profile? Request changes
Click below for more information on the research topics:
Description of Research Interests
- Develop advanced processing technologies to ensure the microbial safety of foods
- Determination and modeling of pathogen inactivation using both thermal and non-thermal technologies
- Development of and optimization of combined processing technologies to preserve food quality and extend shelf-life
- Ensure safety and quality of foods using electrolyzed oxidizing water
- Develop and optimize of water electrolysis
- Develop postharvest technologies to ensure quality and extend shelf life of fresh produce
- CA storage and food cold chain
1. Chen, Y., Y.-C. Hung, M. Chen, M. Lin, H. Lin. 2019. Enhanced storability of blueberries by acidic electrolyzed oxidizing water application may be mediated by regulating ROS metabolism. Food Chem. 270:229-235.
2. Gama, A.P., Y.-C. Hung and K. Adhikari. 2019. Optimization of emulsifier and stabilizer concentrations in a model peanut-based beverage system: A mixture design approach. Foods:116-126.
3. Qi, H., Q. Huang, and Y.-C. Hung. 2019. Efficacy of activated persulfate in pathogen inactivation: A further exploration. Food Research International 120:425-431.
4. Chintagari, S., R. Jadeja, Y.-C. Hung. 2019. Resistance of various shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC) strains and serogroups to infra-red and pulsed UV radiation and effect of nalidixic acid adaptation. LWT- Food Sci. & Tech. 102:356-363.
5. Lin, L., Y. Lin, H. Lin, M. Lin, M.A. Ritenour, Y. Chen, H. Wang, Y.-C. Hung, Y. Lin. 2019. Comparison between 'Fuyan' and 'Dongbi' longans in aril breakdown and respiration metabolism. Postharvest Biology and Technology 153:176-182.
6. Qi, H., and Y.-C. Hung. 2019. Effectiveness of activated persulfate in removal of foodborne pathogens from romaine lettuce. Food Control 106:106708.
7. Thomas, C.L., Y.-C. Hung, M. Rigdon, R.W. Mckee, A.M. Stelzleni. 2019. The effects of antimicrobials on quality and sensory characteristics of blade tenderized beef strip loins. LWT- Food Sci. & Tech. 110:126-131.
8. Afari, G.K., H. Liu, Y.-C. Hung. 2019. The effect of produce washing using electrolyzed water on the induction of the viable but non-culturable (VBNC) state in Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli O157:H7. LWT- Food Sci. & Tech. 110:275-282.
9. Li, L., S. Song, S. Nirasawa, Y.-C. Hung, Z. Jiang, H. Liu. 2019. Slightly acidic electrolyzed water treatment enhances the main bioactive phytochemicals content in broccoli sprouts via changing metabolism. J. Agri. Food Chem. 67:606-614.
10. Qi, H., and Y.-C. Hung. 2019. Inactivation mechanism of ferrous and alkaline activated persulfate on Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria monocytogenes. LWT- Food Sci. & Tech. 111:62-68.
11. Zheng, R., T. Zhao, Y.-C. Hung, and K. Adhikari. 2019. Evaluation of bactericidal effects of phenyllactic acid on Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella Typhimurium on beef meat. J. Food Prot. 82:2015-2022.
12. Chen, Y., J. Sun, H. Lin, M. Lin, Y. Lin, H. Wang, Y.-C. Hung. 2020. Salicylic acid reduces the incidence of Phomopsis longanae Chi infection in harvested longan fruit by affecting the energy status and respiratory metabolism. Postharvest Biology and Technology 160:111035.
13. Zhang, C., X. Chen, X. Xia, B. Li and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Viability assay of E. coli O157:H7 treated with electrolyzed oxidizing water using flow cytometry. Food Control. 88:47-53.
14. Qi, H., Q. Huang and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Effectiveness of electrolyzed oxidizing water treatment in removing pesticide residues and its effect on produce quality. Food Chem. 239:561-568.
15. Sun, J., H. Lin, S. Zhang, Y. Lin, H. Wang, M. Lin, Y.-C. Hung and Y. Chen. 2018. The roles of ROS production-scavenging system in Lasiodiplodia theobromae (Pat.) Griff. & Maubl.-induced pericarp browning and disease development of harvested longan fruit. Food Chem. 247:16-22.
16. Singh, P., Y.-C. Hung and H. Qi. 2018. Efficacy of peracetic acid in inactivating foodborne pathogens on fresh produce surface. J. Food Sci. 83:432-439.
17. Ogawa, Y., M. Hashimoto, Y. Takiguchi, T. Usami, P. Suthiluk, K. Yoshida, N. Yamamoto, and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Effect of decontamination treatment on vitamin C and potassium attributes of fresh-cut bell pepper at post-washing stage. Food and Bioprocess Technology 11:1230–1235.
18. Han, D., Y.-C. Hung, and L.Wang. 2018. Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of neutral electrolyzed water on pork products and the formation of viable but nonculturable (VBNC) pathogens. Food Micro. 73:227-236.
19. Chen, X. and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Development of a Chlorine Dosing Strategy for Fresh Produce Washing Process to Maintain Microbial Food Safety and Minimize Residual Chlorine. J. Food Sci. 83:1701-1706.
20. Afari, G. K. and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. A meta-analysis on the eﬀectiveness of electrolyzed water treatments inreducing foodborne pathogens on diﬀerent foods. Food Control 93:150-164.
21. Afari, G. K. and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Detection and verification of the viable but nonculturable (VBNC) state of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria monocytogenes using flow cytometry and standard plating. J. Food Sci. 83: 1913-1920.
22. Qi, H., Q. Huang, and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Efficacy of activated persulfate in inactivating Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria monocytogenes. Int. J. Food Micro. 284:40-47.
23. Xie, J. and Y.-C. Hung. 2018. UV-A activated TiO2 embedded biodegradable polymer film for antimicrobial food packaging application. LWT- Food Sci. & Tech. 96:307-314.
24. Lin, Y., M. Chen, H. Lin, M. Lin, Y.-C. Hung, Y. Lin, Y. Chen, H. Wang, M. A. Ritenour. 2018. Phomopsis longanae-induced pericarp browning and disease development of longan fruit can be alleviated or aggravated by regulation of ATP-mediated membrane lipid metabolism. Food Chem. 269:644-651.
25. Zhang, C., X. Xia, B. Li, Y.-C. Hung. 2018. Disinfection efficacy of electrolyzed oxidizing water on brown rice soaking and germination. Food Control 89:38-45.